Update on the New Desktop Setup
This is the desktop, assembled, without the enhanced airflow in the rear and with no overclocking yet.
Windows Experience Score (out of 7.9)
- Processor: 7.8
- Memory (RAM): 7.8
- Graphics: 7.7
- Gaming Graphics: 7.7
- Hard Drive: 6.0 (I think the SSD caching hasn’t fully kicked in yet)
PCMark 7 Score: low 4,000 (~4,100? Forgot the actual number)
Standard Temperature: ~89F (hottest of the 5 temp sensors)
Gaming Temp: ~93F (tested with Call of Duty: Black Ops)
- The “overclockening” – when I feel like it. It runs smooth like butter now and I have no reason to push it (this is going to be part server, after all)
- Increasing the air flow
- Ensuring everything is backed up (Backblaze is chugging along now)
- Moving media/content from External HDD onto Desktop
- Erasing External HDD
- Configuring Windows System backup on HDD
- Virtualization, and tons of it. Setting up a bunch of systems (more posts on why later)
Also, a Big Thank You
Thanks to John Herron, a former co-worker and excellent techie, I also now have a 20” LCD monitor. The kindness of nerds astounds.
Any ideas for other benchmarks? Let me know!
Leave a comment