Edit this page | Issue? Question?
- Using Visual 2012 and IIS Express
- Building an MVC4 Intranet project
- Authentication Doesn’t appear to work; I always get an “Access Denied” screen on every page.
This happens because IIS Express isn’t configured by default for Windows Authentication.
- Run your project.
- While it is running / showing you the error, find the IIS Express Icon in your system tray
- Right-click the icon and select
Show all Web Applications.
- Click on your web application.
- Look at the
Configproperty to find where your applicationhost.config file is stored.
- Stop your web site and open that applicationhost.config file for editing.
- Find the section where
WindowsAuthentication enabledis set to
falseand change it to
- Save the file.
- Access is denied in MVC 4 Intranet Application in VS 11 [Chanmingman's Blog]
- Activare 'WindowsAuthentication' pe IIS Express 8 (VS2012) [Lucian Maran]